The 2X2WRK bike is designed for off-road use ONLY. It is not legal to ride this bike on public roads.
The 2X2ADV bike is designed to ride off & on road.
Basic safety apparel should be worn to protect yourself when riding both on and off road.
You MUST always:
- Wear a helmet that fits well, is securely fastened and provides good all-round visibility.
- Wear sturdy, with toes covered in shoes to protect your feet and ankles.
- Wear adequate protective clothing to protect yourself should you take a fall.
We recommend you:
- Make yourself easy to see by wearing reflective or bright clothing.
- Wear gloves to protect yourself from knocks and scrapes.
- Wear eye protection to protect yourself from branches, stones and any other external elements.
We recommended that only one person is on the 2x2 at any one time.
We do not advise that young children or inexperienced drivers operate the 2x2.
Riders must hold a current, valid vehicle licence to legally ride the ADV2X2 on the road. Check your country licencing rules.
The 2x2 is very quiet, due to its electric drive motors. You must always be aware of your surroundings as others may not hear you coming.
You must always:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Watch for changes in terrain and road conditions.
- Be aware of other people, animals and vehicles.
- Do not ride beyond your limitations.
- Drive to the conditions.
- Always obey local riding laws and regulations.
- Obtain permission to ride on private property.
- Do not 'wheely' or jump the bike. This can damage the hub motors, causing gear shock when the motor accelerates rapidly in the air and then decelerates instantly when it hits the ground again.
Riding in the wet
Battery, motors and electrical components are protected against mud, heavy rain, surface water and shallow water crossings. They are not protected against submersion and the bike should not ford water deeper than the wheel axles.
Do not operate when impaired
The 2x2 is a powerful bike. Do not operate when under the influence of alcohol or drugs, fatigued or impaired in any way.
Remember that alcohol, drugs, fatigue and inattention can significantly reduce your ability to make good judgements and ride safely.
For safe riding, it’s important to keep your bike properly maintained. To help avoid problems, go over the pre-ride Inspection; inspect your 2x2 before every ride and perform all recommended maintenance. If parts are broken or need maintenance, we advise you do all that is necessary to ensure a safe ride.
Never ride beyond your personal abilities or faster than conditions warrant. Do not ride when impaired.
You should perform a pre-ride inspection each time you ride, to ensure all parts are in full working order.
Mentally check off each of the following before riding the 2x2:
- Lights, front & back – check they are working.
- Battery – ensure there is enough charge to carry out your travel, activities, or work.
- Tires – check condition and pressure
- Brakes – check they are operational.
- Check for any loose nuts, bolts and/or fixings.
- Mirrors – Make sure mirrors are adjusted to see a behind you and blind spots.
NZ: Dial 111
AUS: Dial 000